Monday, April 9, 2007

Time

Time has boggled and baffled me on this great adventure to Spain. As I round the last corner to my time here, I’m taken aback by its power. I will go to school for eight days in the month of April. Is that legal?!? And after that, only exams await me. (Only? Sarah, did you just say only exams?!?) Landing in Madrid alternately feels like just yesterday and a lifetime ago, and I can hardly remember the things I did yesterday. Yes, time has been full.

And then consider this freakish thing: The ferry ride to Morocco is 45 minutes long. Morocco is one hour behind Spain. So, our journey to Morocco took a negative fifteen minutes. While we were in Morocco, Spain switched to daylight savings time, so the return ferry took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Thank-you very much Greenwich.

1 comment:

jersey ryn said...

dang.... SO worth waiting for. :)

it's so funny that you have that daylight savings time... the EXACT same thing happened to me over spring break--i crossed over into central (gaining an hour) the same day DST happened (lost an hour), therefore actually not losing any time at all. very strange. :P

two words stood out to me--trujillo (in amanda's adress) & Medina. for some reason i never thought of "medina" as meaning anything... i just figured it was the name of a town. oops. :P

i got your letter; it was amazing, thanks. writing back soon.

ps enjoy the last of your time in spain... i think i can understand what you mean about feeling as if you've been there forever and just a day.